Links of interest and what is different about Assamika
Frequently I do find some interesting online sites and stores with high quality items. I list some of them below. More will be added as time passes. Also, some links to educational materials will be provided whenever possible.
- Meubliz is a very useful website with more than 15,000 references on furniture and decorative arts that can help in the identification of various objet d'art, antique furniture and designs. The website is in French, but it can be read using Google Translate easily.
- The Frame Blog is a specialist online magazine devoted to the study of all types of picture frames. It has many articles, interviews and reviews on the subject.
- Dharma Sculpture is an online store selling Buddhist and Hindu sculptures. The prices seem very high to me.
- Lotus Sculpture is another online store selling Buddhist and Hindu sculptures.
- Bronze-Depot.com is a good site with listings of all sorts of bronze sculptures such as fountains, statues, animal statues, mail boxes, children statues, torchiere lamps, candelabras, tables, benches & chairs, urns & vases, pedestals, busts, etc.
- Mahogony Models offers nice mahogany wood models of military/civilian aircrafts, helicopters, tanks, rockets, cars, trains, motorcycles, etc. hand carved in Southeast Asia.
- Jan's & Company Fine French Antiques Inc. is a very nice place for finding French antiques and art items. The website is very nicely built.
- The French Accent Gallery is a good place to find French furniture.
- Azhary Antique Furniture are makers of reproduction furniture in the 18th and 19th century antique European style and more.
- Anticstore.art is a good online source to see directory of dealers and galleries of European antiques and their collection.
- Sans Soucie Art Glass creates very nice art on glass panels by hand sandblasting. Many are incorporated into architecture of a building. They also produce stained glass artwork.
- The Wood Database is a nice website describing various types of wood and how to identify them. Here is another website with pictures and information on many types of wood. These can be useful in identifying wood based furniture, carvings, sculptures, etc.
- This article on Google web search using various operators is very useful. Google's reference for advanced operators is here.
- Here I list links to a few interesting articles on Native American pottery: link1, link2
- Here is a good article on stained glass craftsmanship to help tell the difference between good and bad quality stained glass artwork.
- Unique wooden sculptures including beds are created by Dan Jones.