Links of interest and what is different about Assamika
Frequently I do find some interesting online sites and stores with high quality items and information. I list some of them below. More will be added in the future. Also, some links to educational materials will be provided whenever possible.
- Meubliz is a very useful website with more than 15,000 references on furniture and decorative arts that can help in the identification of various objet d'art, antique furniture and designs. The website is in French, but it can be read using Google Translate easily.
- Java Furnicraft is an Indonesian maker of nice mahogany and teak indoor wooden furniture in various styles - American English Collections, Antique French Collections, Mahogany Antique Reproduction and Teak Jepara Art Style. Names of other quality furniture makers from Indonesia can be found at this site JavaFurniture.com.
- Here is an online gallery showing most of the lamp designs of Tiffany Studios of New York. Here is another gallery showing some of the various types of lamps actually produced by Louis Comfort Tiffany and his companies.
- The Frame Blog is a specialist online magazine devoted to the study of all types of picture frames. It has many articles, interviews and reviews on the subject.
- Dharma Sculpture is an online store selling Buddhist and Hindu sculptures. The prices seem very high to me.
- Lotus Sculpture is another online store selling Buddhist and Hindu sculptures.
- Bronze-Depot.com is a good site with listings of all sorts of bronze sculptures such as fountains, statues, animal statues, mail boxes, children statues, torchiere lamps, candelabras, tables, benches & chairs, urns & vases, pedestals, busts, etc.
- Here is a link to a nice article by Bob Atchison on the various types of patinas applied to bronze sculptures.
- Mahogony Models offers nice mahogany wood models of military/civilian aircrafts, helicopters, tanks, rockets, cars, trains, motorcycles, etc. hand carved in Southeast Asia.
- Jan's & Company Fine French Antiques Inc. is a very nice place for finding French antiques and art items. The website is very nicely built.
- The French Accent Gallery is a good place to find French furniture.
- Azhary Antique Furniture are makers of reproduction furniture in the 18th and 19th century antique European style and more.
- Anticstore.art is a good online source to see directory of dealers and galleries of European antiques and their collection.
- Sans Soucie Art Glass creates very nice art on glass panels by hand sandblasting. Many are incorporated into architecture of a building. They also produce stained glass artwork.
- This article describes the differences between Art Deco, Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts styles.
- This article describes the differences between French Empire, English Regency and American Classical Revival furniture styles.
- The Wood Database is a nice website describing various types of wood and how to identify them. Here is another website with pictures and information on many types of wood. These can be useful in identifying wood based furniture, carvings, sculptures, etc.
- This article on Google web search using various operators is very useful. Google's reference for advanced operators is here.
- Here I list links to a few interesting articles on Native American pottery: link1, link2
- Here is a good article on stained glass craftsmanship to help tell the difference between good and bad quality stained glass artwork.
- Unique wooden sculptures including beds are created by Dan Jones.